Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WWJT--Who Would Jesus Torture?

I'd like to take credit for the title of this post, but I can't (although I don't remember where I first saw the phrase used).

I would like to point you to a couple of other blogs that have really nailed the illogic of Christians who have whole-heartedly supported the torture of anyone that the Bush administration deemed to be a terrorist given that it has come to light that both the Bush administration and the Obama administration consider(ed) Christians (along with veterans, constitutionalists, and anybody else who objects to heavy-handed government) to be domestic terrorists.

The point is that, when those in power assume the authority to declare people or groups "dangerous," "extreme," "subversive," or whatever label they might choose to employ, then no one is immune from their "ministrations." If you don't believe me, just do some reading on the Inquisition and the horrible things that were done to Christians in the name of controlling "religious extremism." Think that can't happen in our day? You're crazy.

Check out Will Grigg's excellent "Triumph of the Torture State," and "My Christian Brothers, Leave Government and Cleave Unto Liberty" by Jim Fedako

No comments:

Post a Comment